Ahmed Bedier has worked for the past decade as a community organizer, radio show host, human rights advocate, television commentator and interfaith leader. Bedier is the founder of United Voices for America, president of the Human Rights Council of Tampa Bay and serves on the state board of the American Civil Liberties (ACLU) of Florida. For the past five years Ahmed Bedier has co-hosted TrueTalk a global affairs live radio show on Tampa NPR affiliate and community radio station WMNF 88.5fm.
His strong belief in the democratic process and in change from the grassroots led him in 2008 to found United Voices for America, a non-profit civic engagement organization that offers programs and training to enable and facilitate minority participation in all aspects of government and the political process.
Prior to starting United Voices for America, Ahmed Bedier served as the executive director of the Tampa chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a national Muslim civil liberties group.
Ahmed Bedier is a visible minority voice in mainstream media appearing consistently on national and Florida stations. Bedier’s interviews, articles and commentary have appeared in USA Today, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The New York Sun, Time, CNN, FOX News, NBC and MSNBC.
Like Ahmed on Facebook
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tag Cloud9/11 Ahmed Mohamed America At A Crossroads American media Bill Keller bullying CAIR charity Dr. Tariq Ramadan Eid Postage Stamp fearmongering Florida Muslim Capitol Day free clinic Ft. Hood Gaza Glenn Beck hate crimes hate mail hate speech human interest Inside Islam: What a Billion Muslims Really Think Intelligence Summit Islamophobia Israeli-Palestinian conflict Joe Kaufman MLK Memorial Service Mumbai terror attacks Nihad Awad non-violent resistance Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West Occupied Territories Omer Goldman PBS Pew Research Center President Bush President Obama propaganda racism scare tactics State of the Union televangelism terrorism Thomas Jefferson United Nations Youtube
- ‘Hate Crime’: Taxi Cab Driver Survives Brutal Attack December 10, 2014
- British Muslims Face Worst Job Discrimination of Any Minority Group December 1, 2014
- Brigitte Gabriel: ‘No Chance’ Of Muslim Americans ‘Blending In’ To U.S. November 20, 2014
- ISIS says Islam justifies slavery – what does Islamic law say? November 13, 2014
- Shots fired at mosque in Southern California November 12, 2014
- Muslim Friday prayers to be offered at Washington National Cathedral November 11, 2014
- Jody Hice: Elected To Congress Despite Believing Islam Doesn’t Deserves First Amendment Protection November 6, 2014
- Minnesota Achieves a Unique Distinction in Christian Muslim Relations November 3, 2014